UCI Freshman Provisional Admission Contract 2017-2018
Please read this contract before submitting your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and be sure to keep it for your records. Submitting a positive SIR and accepting this offer of admission certifies that you understand and agree to comply with all of the conditions of this provisional admission contract.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO UCI
1. You must:
- Meet all provisional requirements as expressed in this contract, and in your personalized Freshman Conditions as found in your MyAdmission account at www.admissions.uci.edu.
- Receive a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Complete all senior year courses as listed on your application.
- Maintain at least a weighted 3.0 senior year GPA in UC-approved courses.
The following situations may result in the withdrawal of your admission offer:
a) any D or F grades in your senior year a-g courses,
b) taking courses that are less rigorous than reported on your application,
c) not maintaining UC Eligibility.
2. By July 1, 2017, you must:
- Submit an official final high school transcript to the UCI Admissions Office that confirms the exact date of your graduation (month, day and year) and verifies your self-reported academic record. Request this transcript well before the end of your senior year. "Official" is defined as mailed directly from the institution or hand delivered in the institution's sealed, unopened envelope.
- Submit an official transcript of any completed college/university work.
The Office of Admissions mailing address is:
Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
University of California, Irvine
260 Aldrich Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-1075
Attention: Records: OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS
If the UCI Admissions Office does not receive the above required information by July 1, an enrollment hold will be placed on your records, which prevents you from enrolling in courses. If left unresolved, this will lead to enrollment cancellation from any courses for which you registered during open enrollment or an admissions withdrawal decision.
3. By July 15, 2017, you must:
- Submit official test scores for the correct required standardized tests, if you have not already done so. Official standardized tests required by the university include the ACT Plus Writing OR the SAT. We require all scores and will use the highest scores from a single administration. To request that an official ACT score report be sent to UCI, visit www.actstudent.org and use ACT College Code 0446, or call 319-337-1313 with any questions. To request that an official SAT score report be sent to UCI, visit www.collegeboard.org and use College Board Code 4859, or call 866-756-7346 with any questions. You only need to have your official score report sent to one UC campus you have applied to and all of the UC campuses you have applied to will automatically receive the report.
- Submit an official report for all of your Advanced Placement (AP) examination scores (3 or above) and/or International Baccalaureate Higher Level (IB) examination results (5 or above) taken prior to January 1, 2016. To have AP scores sent to UCI, call 888-225-5427; our campus code is 4859. Please note: to ensure we receive a complete set of AP scores, you need to individually specify the test year(s) that the AP Exam(s) were taken when you make your request. To have IB scores sent to UCI, contact the International Baccalaureate Office at 301-202-3025 or visit www.ibo.org and see IB Answers. Official reports are those sent directly to UCI electronically by these services. For exams taken after January 1, 2016, submit an official report for all of your AP scores (3 or above) and/or IB scores (5 or above) as soon as the results are available or they may not be credited towards your record.
- Submit official test scores for an exam that clears the English Proficiency requirement. This condition is only for students who do not attend four years at a high school in which the language of instruction is English. See www.admissions.uci.edu/language.
4. By September 15, 2017, you must:
- Enroll in courses for fall 2017.
- Pay fall 2017 registration fees.
- Submit transcripts for any summer 2017 college courses in which you were enrolled.
This admission offer is only valid for fall 2017, and requires course enrollment and fee payment.
Your admission to UCI will be withdrawn if you do not satisfy each of the above conditions or any information you submitted does not agree with official documentation, including failing to report all schools attended, or all a-g courses completed (original failing grades and grades for courses repeated). You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all information reported on the University of California undergraduate application for admission and scholarships.
If UCI withdraws your offer of admission, the Statement of Intent to Register fee is nonrefundable, and you are responsible for contacting UCI offices to arrange for any reimbursements due for housing, registration, financial or other services.