Student success begins in the summer!
Freshman Edge helps incoming freshmen learn about campus opportunties, connect with resources and peers, and progress toward their degree!
As an incoming student to UCI you are invited to participate in Freshman Edge, an immersive and experiential program for incoming freshmen to optimize student success.
Through Freshmen Edge, participants have an opportunity to:
- Progress with UCI coursework which will count toward graduation requirements
- Have early access to become familiar with campus and resources
- Gain confidence in communicating with professors and learn about research opportunties
- Connect with a close-knit group of incoming students and peer mentors, creating a meaningful and supportive environment during the program
There are three pathways within Freshman Edge.
- Freshman Edge, for all incoming freshmen
- Freshman Edge International, for incoming freshmen coming from another country
- Summer Bridge, for incoming freshmen who are income-eligible based on financial need