Important Information for Admitted International Students
Combined U.S. and International Academic Records (Attended Schools Outside of U.S. and in U.S.)
In the United States, an academic record is called a "transcript." In your country it may be called something else, such as statement of marks, statement of results, relève du notes, record of learning, or record of achievement.
- All official transcripts (beginning from grade 9) must be issued and sent directly from the originating school even if your current school lists them.
- The transcripts must include any grades you may have repeated when studying in the United States.
- Official transcripts from your school(s) outside the U.S. must be sent directly to UC Irvine. A record is considered official if it is contained in a school-issued envelope and the envelope is sealed (unopened).
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Full transcripts indicating internal marks from your secondary school (grades 9–12) must be submitted in a sealed school envelope on or before the July 1 deadline.
- You must contact IBO directly to request that IB results be sent electronically to UCI. The IB results must be received by our office no later than July 15.
GCSE/IGCSE and GCE Advanced Levels (A Levels)
- Your school may send copies of your GCSE/IGCSE Statement of Results and all internal marks in a sealed school envelope by July 1.
- Advanced Level Statement of Results must be submitted as soon as they become available. You must send your Statement of Results from the June exam series as soon as they become available from the release date in August and also your Final Certifying Statement as soon as they become available from the release date in October. You must pass at least 3 Advanced level exams with a B grade or better to finalize your UC Irvine admission.
- Official Advanced Level results must be sent directly from the examining authority (Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), OCR, AQA, Pearson Edexcel, etc.) in the form of the "Certifying Statement of Results". University credits for A Level exams will be awarded upon receipt of the official final results.
Please note: Your A Level exam results that are released in August from the June exam series are NOT your final certificates. However, final certificates should be available to you during the month of November. Ensure final results are submitted by following the instructions below:
For exams taken through Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), please request that your school submit a photocopy of the final General Certificate of Education in an unopened, school envelope directly to our office. You may also apply for a Certifying Statement here.
For exams taken through Pearson Edexcel, please request your Certifying Statement of Results by visiting the following website under “Applicants who need official documents shared with a third party."
If your exam board is not mentioned above, please contact them for further instructions on how to request your final results.