Student success begins in the summer!
Gain an edge on academic and research opportunities in your first summer at UCI.
Session I: June 23-August 2, 2019
Full Summer: June 23-September 12, 2019
Session II: August 4-September 12, 2019
Building upon your prior academic and life experiences, Transfer Edge prepares you for a smooth transition to the quarter system and introduces you to the vast range of resources and opportunities available before you start your first quarter at UCI.
As part of a small community comprised of incoming transfer students who are program participants and peer mentors (comprised of current UCI students who are both accomplished and motivated), you will have the opportunity to:
- Adapt your study habits to the quarter system through specially tailored courses
- Access resources such as the UCI libraries for research
- Engage with faculty about research opportunities
- Gain additional flexibility during the academic year
- Learn more about pathways for studying abroad
- Get involved in campus activities and connect with a cohort of incoming transfer students and peer mentors
- Refine skills in time management, stress management, leadership development, and communication
Transfer Edge students can enroll in the program during Session I, Session II, or for the Full Summer (dates for each session are stated above). Financial Aid is also available to assist UCI students in meeting the costs of attending this program.
Click here to learn more about Transfer Edge.