Important Information for Admitted International Students
Combined U.S. and International Academic Records (Attended Schools Outside of U.S. and in U.S.)
In the United States, an academic record is called a "transcript." In your country it may be called something else, such as statement of marks, statement of results, relève du notes, record of learning, or record of achievement.
- All official transcripts (beginning from grade 9) must be issued and sent directly from the originating school even if your current school lists them.
- The transcripts must include any grades you may have repeated when studying in the United States.
- Official transcripts from your school(s) outside the U.S. must be sent directly to UC Irvine.
All official documents are required for our Admissions verification process, and every effort should be made to submit them as listed below. However, we understand it may be difficult to obtain some of these official documents during this time. Due to COVID-19, UCI's Office of Undergraduate Admissions will primarily be accepting documents in an online format. Please find a list of vendors and methods for freshmen here and for transfers here.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Full transcripts indicating internal marks from your secondary school (grades 9–12) must be submitted on or before the July 1 deadline.
- You must contact IBO directly to request that IB results be sent electronically to UCI. The IB results must be received by our office no later than July 15.
General Certificate of Secondary Education/International General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE/IGCSE)
- Your school may submit your GCSE/IGCSE Statement of Results and all internal marks by July 1 through UCI’s approved electronic vendors or by email (sent to email@example.com with this text in the subject line: ATTENTION OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS).
GCE Advanced Levels (A Levels)
- Advanced Level Statement of Results must be submitted as soon as they become available. Submit your Statement of Results from the June exam series as soon as they become available from the release date in August and also your Final Certifying Statement as soon as they become available from the release date in October. You must pass at least 3 Advanced level exams with a B grade or better to finalize your UC Irvine admission.
- Official Advanced Level results must be sent directly from the examining authority (Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), OCR, AQA, Pearson Edexcel, etc.) in the form of the "Certifying Statement of Results". University credits for A Level exams will be awarded upon receipt of the official final results.
Please note: Your A Level exam results that are released in August from the June exam series are NOT your final certificates. However, final certificates should be available to you during the month of November. Ensure final results are submitted by following the instructions below:
For exams taken through Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), international students should use the Priority Results Application (available April 2021) to request results for the June 2021 series.For exams taken through Pearson Edexcel, please choose email delivery. The website link to this service can be found here.
If your exam board is not mentioned above, please contact them for further instructions on how to request your final results.