There’s no other place like sunny Southern California.
Reach the beach, go desert camping, or head for the mountains.
Come study at an incomparable coastal location with many nearby opportunities for recreational and cultural activities.
Nestled in the rolling coastal foothills of Orange County and five miles from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches, UCI’s campus benefits from a perfect Mediterranean climate. Our location—in the city of Irvine—offers easy access to 42 miles of coastline for surfing and sailing, hundreds of miles of bike and hiking trails, desert camping, mountain resorts for snowboarding and skiing, and famous attractions such as Disneyland and Hollywood.
Get the quick facts on Irvine and its surroundings.
Here are just a few more reasons why the city of Irvine is a great place to live:
- Ranks as the “Safest City” of its size for the past 13 consecutive years (FBI)
- Is home to thousands of multinational businesses in a variety of industries — pharmaceutical, computer, electronics, manufacturing, biotechnology/medicine, design, automotive, and communications
- Enjoys 281 sunny days per year, with average temperatures ranging from 64° F (18° C) in January to 82° F (28° C) in August
- Is located next to the famed sailing and surfing beaches of Newport, Laguna, and Huntington and is near Los Angeles, San Diego, and Palm Springs
- Is home to the renowned Segerstrom Center for the Arts, which offers a wide variety of musical, dance, and theater productions, including national tours of famous Broadway shows
- Has a diverse and highly educated population of 280,202 (2019)
- Offers 16,000 acres of open space preservation (by build out), 62 miles of bike trails, 60 public parks, wildlife sanctuaries, and ecological reserves