Student success begins in the summer!
Gain an edge on academic and research opportunities in your first summer at UCI.
Saturday, July 31 - Thursday, September 9, 2021
Building upon your prior academic and life experiences, Transfer Edge prepares you for a smooth transition to the quarter system and introduces you to the vast range of resources and opportunities available before you start your first quarter at UCI.
As part of a small community comprised of incoming transfer students who are program participants and peer mentors (comprised of current UCI students who are both accomplished and motivated), you will have the opportunity to:
- Adapt your study habits to the quarter system through specially tailored courses
- Access resources such as the UCI libraries for research
- Engage with faculty about research opportunities
- Gain additional flexibility during the academic year
- Get involved in campus activities and connect with a cohort of incoming transfer students and peer mentors
- Refine skills in time management, stress management, leadership development, and communication
Financial Aid is also available to assist UCI students in meeting the costs of attending this program.
Tuesday, June 22 - Thursday, July 29, 2021
Transfer Boost offers a month of free online workshops for students enrolled in Summer Session I. Start meeting other transfer students, learn about campus resources, and gain strategies for success at UCI.