- UCI is ranked #8 among public universities nationwide, and #2 for social mobility by U.S. News & World Report
- UCI is #1 on Forbes magazine's list of America's Best Value Colleges.
- UCI was the first public university to reach #1 in MONEY magazine's annual list of best college in the nation.
- UCI is named "Best Regional College" by The Princeton Review, 2018.
- UCI ranks on U.S. News & World Report's lists for best value, best undergraduate business program, and best undergraduate engineering program.
- The Paul Merage School of Business is ranked #1 in the world for percentage of female faculty (47%).
- The first public law school to open in California in more than 40 years, the School of Law is ranked among the top 10 in the nation for its faculty’s scholarly impact.
- UCI School of Law ranks in the top 30 on U.S. News & World Report's list of best law schools.
UCI is at the top of the list.
You should put us at the top of yours!
You rank near the top of your class. So does UCI.
Most students admitted to UCI graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school senior class and excel in college preparatory courses. Among our faculty are Nobel laureates and Pulitzer Prize winners, and our alumni are making remarkable contributions in the world.
With your talents and our achievements, together, we can take each other higher.
- UCI ranks #2 for Top Schools for Environment by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education based on factors including the percentage of Pell Grant recipients and the racial and ethnic diversity of students and staff.
- The New York Times ranked UCI #1 in the nation doing the most for the American dream.
- #1 in the nation in Sierra magazine’s ranking of the most environmentally sustainabe schools.
- #2 healthiest college in the West according to Greatist.
- MONEY magazine rated UCI the #1 campus for beach lovers.
- One of the 25 best public colleges for big paychecks according to Money magazine.
- Three UCI researchers have won Nobel Prizes: F. Sherwood Rowland and Irwin Rose in chemistry, and Frederick Reines in physics.
- UCI athletics teams have earned 28 national titles in nine sports, and 64 Anteaters have won individual national titles; 56 have competed in the Olympics.
- UCI received the prestigious STARS gold rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- UCI holds four Guinness world records: the largest dodgeball game, set in 2010; the largest water blaster fight, set in 2013; the largest game of capture the flag, set in 2015; and the largest game of balloon tag, set in 2018.
- A record 122,000 students sought admission to UCI for fall 2020.
- Approximately 88 languages are spoken and 79 countries represented within our student body.
- UCI is one of 65 universities in the U.S. and Canada elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- UCI offers more than 85 undergraduate degree programs, as well as master’s programs; an M.D., Ed.D., and J.D.; and a variety of Ph.D. programs.
- The Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences is the only ICS school in the University of California system.
- UCI ranks among the top 10 U.S. universities in the number of undergraduate applications.
- UCI’s 180,000 graduates include leaders in the arts, sciences, business, and education — all walks of life. Among them are three Pulitzer Prize winners and the architect of the “HTTP/1.1” Internet protocol used worldwide.
- UCI has an annual economic impact on Orange County of $5 billion and is a significant contributor to the region’s talent-rich workforce.