- UCI is ranked #9 among public universities nationwide by U.S. News & World Report
- MONEY magazine ranked UCI #1 best college in the nation.
- UCI is #1 on Forbes magazine's list of America's Best Value Colleges.
- UCI is named "Best Regional College" by The Princeton Review, 2018.
- UCI ranks on U.S. News & World Report's lists for best value, best undergraduate business program, and best undergraduate engineering program.
- The Paul Merage School of Business is ranked #1 in the world for percentage of female faculty (47%) and tied for #4 in the U.S. for percentage of female students (39%).
- The first public law school to open in California in more than 40 years, the School of Law is ranked among the top 10 in the nation for its faculty’s scholarly impact.
- UCI School of Law ranks #30 in its first year of eligibility.
UCI is at the top of the list.
You should put us at the top of yours!
You rank near the top of your class. So does UCI.
Most students admitted to UCI graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school senior class, excel in college preparatory courses, and do very well on their SAT or ACT with Writing college entrance exam. Among our faculty are Nobel laureates and Pulitzer Prize winners, and our alumni are making remarkable contributions in the world.
With your talents and our achievements, together, we can take each other higher.
- The New York Times ranks UCI #1 in the nation doing the most for the American dream.
- #1 in the nation in Sierra magazine’s ranking of the most environmentally sustainabe schools.
- #2 healthiest college in the West according to Greatist.
- MONEY magazine rates UCI the #1 campus for beach lovers.
- UCI is ranked #3 in the West for economic value and ranks among the top 50 'Colleges That Pay You Back' by The Princeton Review.
- CollegeNet’s new Social Mobility Index ranks UCI #4 for economic mobility and affordable education.
- One of the 25 best public colleges for big paychecks according to Money magazine.
- Three UCI researchers have won Nobel Prizes: F. Sherwood Rowland and Irwin Rose in chemistry, and Frederick Reines in physics.
- UCI athletics teams have earned 28 national titles in nine sports, and 64 Anteaters have won individual national titles; 56 have competed in the Olympics.
- UCI received the prestigious STARS gold rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- UCI holds four Guinness world records: the largest dodgeball game, set in 2010; the largest water blaster fight, set in 2013; the largest game of capture the flag, set in 2015; and the largest game of balloon tag, set in 2018.
- A record 117,000 students sought admission to UCI for fall 2019.
- Approximately 88 languages are spoken and 79 countries represented within our student body.
- UCI is the youngest of only 62 universities in the U.S. and Canada elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- UCI offers more than 85 undergraduate degree programs, as well as master’s programs; an M.D., Ed.D., and J.D.; and a variety of Ph.D. programs.
- The Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences is the only ICS school in the University of California system.
- UCI ranks among the top 10 U.S. universities in the number of undergraduate applications.
- UCI’s 180,000 graduates include leaders in the arts, sciences, business, and education — all walks of life. Among them are three Pulitzer Prize winners and the architect of the “HTTP/1.1” Internet protocol used worldwide.
- UCI has an annual economic impact on Orange County of $5 billion and is a significant contributor to the region’s talent-rich workforce.